骗子到处都有，大家要时时警惕哦，尤其是在人生地不熟的地方。事情就发生在刚刚的4月份，网友 TzeAi Khoo在脸书发文，《1 Lost Credit Card, 5 Lessons Learned！》，翻译成华语，《遗失信用卡的5个教训》
1 Lost Credit Card and 5 Lessons Learned!
Hi all, I’m sharing this so everyone can be more careful when traveling… You can share this if you have friends who travel often.
I was shopping at XiMenTing, one of the famous tourist spot in Taipei two nights ago, 8 April. Went to a shoe shop name ABC Mart. Bought 2 pairs of shoes and paid with my Citibank credit card. The cashier return the card to me together with the receipts rolled over it. I had a look at the card and placed it in my wallet together with all the receipts. That was the last place I used my card. It was crowded so we rushed out and continued to shop at smaller stalls with cash.
Fast forward to the next day, 9th April. Flight was delayed for an hour. We went for lunch and as we were about to walk to the departure hall, I received a sms from Citibank abt a transaction of more than RM5k to my card. Puzzled n surprised I open my wallet to check on my card😱😱😱 The card was not mine! It looked exactly like my Citibank card but the name was faded and the CVV was scratched out. I immediately called Citibank to report my lost card and they informed me that the last transaction was made to a company called NAMELESS.tw. They blocked the card and asked me to get a report at the nearest police station on my lost card.
Spent almost an hour trying to explain what happened to the policemen in mandarin 😅
Almost missed the boarding time. Ran like crazy woman.
1. Always double check your card when someone return it to you.
2. Try to use local bank card when traveling. The friend who was with me used his CIMB card and his card wasn’t changed. I guess the syndicate has many common bankcards like Citibank, HSBC … So a local bankcard is safer
3. If possible always have roaming service when you are traveling. Imagine if I didn’t get the sms from Citibank😰 I won’t even noticed my missing card.
4. If you have a few cards, use the card with the least credit limit and set a limit to your card when you are traveling. If something like this happened, the damage is limited 😅
5. Mandarin is a very important language. 😁
Hope my sharing served as a reminder that we shouldn’t take things for granted and must always be careful when traveling.
I’m praying that Citibank Malaysia will look into this too. It was a big amount charged at an unusual terminal. I think they should call the card owner before approving the transaction. They sometimes do but not this time. 😢
前天晚上（4月8号），我在台北著名的西门町购物，去了一家鞋店，叫做ABC Mart。买了两双鞋后，用CitiBank信用卡支付。收银员把收据和信用卡还乐给我。我当时看了一下卡，就把收据和卡都收在钱包里。这也是我最后一次使用我信用卡的地方。当时ABC Mart非常拥挤，所以我们就离开，继续在附近的摊位以现金血拼。
- 旅行时，尽量使用本地的银行卡。比如CIMB， Public Bank等等。其他国际银行像Citibank，HSBC bank，比较容易被有心人士复制。
- 如果你有几张卡，使用用最少的信用额度的卡（Credit Limit），或者可以在出国前到银行把信用卡的Credit Limit 设定到最低，就算是遗失，伤害也是最小的。
任何时候现金是最好的。Cash is King。到什么地方都可以用。怕出国换太多那个国家的钱，然后用不完？别担心，可以多换个200-300美金来应急，一来美金也比较稳，在每个国家都会有比较好的汇率，二来，就当作是投资咯。