Public Bank今天在官方网站宣布，自动暂缓还贷6个月无复利Compound Interest！
Measures To Assist Customers Affected By COVID-19
I) WE ARE COMMITTED TO HELP YOU DURING THESE DIFFICULT TIMES
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Bank Negara Malaysia had on 24 March 2020 announced additional measures to assist borrowers/customers affected. We sincerely hope this will provide some relief to our customers who are facing financial adversities to cope with challenges during this period.
WE ARE OFFERING AUTOMATIC SIX (6) MONTHS LOAN REPAYMENT DEFERMENT FOR INDIVIDUALS AND SMES
- This is an AUTOMATIC offering; NO application is required.
- If you DO NOT wish to defer your monthly repayments, please apply here.
FOR CORPORATE CUSTOMERS, PLEASE MAKE YOUR REQUEST FOR DEFERMENT DIRECTLY WITH THE BANK.
II) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Available to all individuals, small and medium-enterprise and corporate customers.
- All Malaysian Ringgit loans or financing facilities with Public Bank Berhad & Public Islamic Berhad. Your loans or financing must be disbursed (fully or partially) and outstanding as at 1 April 2020.
- Loan or financing facilities that are in default or overdue for more than 90 days as at 1 April 2020 DO NOT qualify.
- Not applicable for credit card facility. For credit card customers, see below for alternatives.
III) THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE LOAN AND FINANCING DEFERMENT
1. HOW LONG IS THE DEFERMENT PERIOD?
- Deferment period is from 1 April 2020 to 30 September 2020, i.e. six (6) months. After the end of six (6) months, your monthly payments will resume.
- Please contact the Bank if you require a longer deferment period
2. DO I NEED TO MAKE ANY REPAYMENT, PAY LATE PAYMENT PENALTIES OR ANY CHARGES DURING THE DEFERMENT PERIOD?
3. DO I HAVE TO PROVIDE PROOF THAT I HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY COVID-19?
4. HOW WILL MY INTEREST/PROFIT CHARGES BE CALCULATED DURING THE DEFERMENT PERIOD?
- For loans with Public Bank Berhad, i.e. conventional loans: You will pay interest by deferring. However, there will be no compounding interest during this deferment period from 1 April 2020 to 30 September 2020. This means you will not be charged any interest on the interest that arises during the moratorium period.
- For loans with Public Islamic Berhad, i.e. Islamic financing: You will NOT pay more profit charges by deferring. Profit will continue to accrue on the outstanding principal amount. Such profit however will not be compounded in line with Shariah principles.
5. WILL THIS DEFERMENT ADVERSELY IMPACT MY CCRIS RECORDS?
- No impact on CCRIS records during the Deferment Period.
6. WHAT IF MY LOAN OR FINANCING HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED OR RESTRUCTURED (“R&R”) BEFORE 1 APRIL 2020?
- Loans and financing under R&R before 1 April 2020 is eligible for the deferment subject to meeting the Eligibility Criteria.
7. IF A CORPORATE CUSTOMER IS GRANTED THE DEFERMENT, WOULD IT STILL BE ABLE TO GET NEW FINANCING FROM BANKS?
- Yes. Approval of the new financing is subject to the Bank’s standard internal credit policies and assessment.
IV) THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR CREDIT CARD OUTSTANDING BALANCE
1. Credit card balances
- can be converted into term loan of not more than three (3) years at an effective interest rate of 13% per annum. Please apply here.
- If you have not been meeting the minimum monthly repayment on your credit card consecutively for the last 3 months (not more than 90 days), the Bank will AUTOMATICALLY convert the outstanding balance into a term loan/financing of three (3) years at an effective interest rate of 13% per annum. This is applicable to all income level of the cardholders.
2. Credit cardholders who have already converted their card balances into a term loan/financing can request for 6 months loan/financing deferment. Loan/financing repayment will resume after the deferment period. To apply, please contact PB Card Services Hunting Line: 03 – 2176 8222.
Public Bank 官方贴文： https://www.pbebank.com/Announcements.aspx
3. The outstanding balance converted into a term loan/financing is treated as part of your credit card limit. You can continue to use the remaining credit limit of your credit card.
4. The monthly installments of your [new] term loan/financing will form part of your minimum monthly repayment amount on the credit card.
V) Relief Assistance After 6 Months Moratorium
If borrower/customer is unlikely to be able to resume repayments/payments after the 6 months moratorium period ending 30 September 2020, please contact the Account Holding Branch for revised repayment/rescheduling & restructuring arrangement early in July/August 2020.
Let us know if you require further assistance. Kindly contact the Public Bank Helpdesk at:
- 03 – 2176 6408 or 03 – 2177 3066
(for Housing Loan/Term Loan/Fixed Loan/Overdraft/Bills Facilities)
- 03 – 2176 7466 or 03 – 2176 7689
(for Hire Purchase)
- 03 – 2176 8222
(for Credit Card)
– 26 March 2020